CAFNS Tutoring Fund
CAFNS’s Tutoring Fund seeks to remove the barriers that vulnerable children and youth face to obtaining an education, and, ultimately, securing meaningful employment. This critical initiative provides children with intensive educational supports at the primary and secondary levels to help them focus on their studies and pursue a future of stability, opportunity and success.
- Served by a child welfare agency or outreach organization in the community
- Under age 21 at the time of request
- Recommended/referred by a social /outreach worker, school counselor, Principal
- Demonstration of financial need and confirmation that no other source of funding will cover this expense
Can be used for: One-on-one tutoring; Group tutoring; Coaching or mentoring through challenging times. Private Tutors must have a Child Abuse Registry on file with the Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia.
Sponsoring staff to complete all sections of the application form.
1. Sponsoring staff to obtain Supervisor’s signature and submit application to Fund
Manager at the address below. Worker will also be responsible for registering the
student with the private tutor or tutoring organization. Please note all private tutors
must submitted an approved NS Child Abuse Registry to the Children’s Aid Foundation
of Nova Scotia before tutoring or payment can take place.
2. Fund Manager to review application and follow up with sponsoring staff when required.
3. Fund Manager will make payment arrangements for approved applications.
How to apply
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012