The Sparkle Fund Nova Scotia was developed to help meet the increasing demand for oral health care for disadvantaged and at -risk youth. Administered through a partnership between the Sparkle Fund Nova Scotia and CAFNS, the fund is designed to cover costs of basic dental care as approved by the fund manager.
Basic Dental Care services covered by the Sparkle Fund Nova Scotia to a maximum of $500 per calendar year. (Jan 1st-Dec 31st). Any treatment costs above $500 must covered by the youth. Funds may cover treatments such as: One Oral Examination; Cleaning (one per calendar year); X-Rays; Fillings; Extractions; Fluoride Treatment.
***This fund is temporarily not available.
- $500 maximum per youth per year
- Youth must be 15-21 years of age at the time of application
- Youth must no longer be covered by MSI’s Children’s Oral Health Care Program and have no other sources of funding available to them
- The referral agent/ third party/ Doctor/Teacher/ SchoolsPlus Outreach Worker/Social Worker or other professionals to complete all sections of this application form.
- Please submit application by fax or e-mail to the Fund Manager at the address provided below.
- The Fund Manager to review all relevant sections and inform referral agent/applicant of decision to approve or decline the application.
- The Fund Manager will make payment arrangements for approved applications. Receipts and /or invoices will be required for all approved applications.
- Grants expire six months after the application date and monitoring of the services is the responsibility of the fund applicant.
How to apply
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012