Transition to Independence
The Transition to Independence Fund was established to provide opportunities and supports to youth who are transitioning out of care to living independently in the community. Transition to Independence grants are available until grant funds are exhausted.
Maximum amount is $300.00 gift card per youth.
- Youth transitioning out of care
- Under 26 years of age at time of the first request
- Demonstrated financial need
- Strong recommendations from agency staff and approval by supervisor
- Clear indication of how the youth will benefit from the grant
Please complete all parts of the application and submit to the Fund Manager at the address below.
How to apply
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012