Yarmouth Hospital Foundation
Health and Well-being Fund
The Yarmouth Hospital Foundation Tri-Counties Health & Well-Being Fund is designed to assist the various health needs of children and youth residing in Digby, Yarmouth and Shelburne counties who otherwise could not access these services. This fund fills the gap between basic government-funded healthcare and the necessary preventative and specialized supports that many high-risk children, youth and families desperately need. This fund is made possible through a partnership between the Yarmouth Hospital Foundation and the Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia.
- Must reside in Shelburne, Digby or Yarmouth County
- Under 21 years of age at the time of the request
- Children and Youth at risk in the community
- No other sources of funding (including government funding) available to support the request
- Referred by professional involved with child/youth/family
- Clear indication of how the child/youth/family will benefit from the grant
Can be used for but not limited to the following: Prescriptions; Vision Care; Mental Health Therapy; Medical Therapy Services (Physiotherapy, chiropractic); Dental Care; Lice Treatment; Travel to and from medical and treatment appointment.
How to apply
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Halifax Region Children’s Aid Foundation
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012