Good Beginnings Fund
The Good Beginnings Fund is designed to strengthen the well-being of Nova Scotia’s most vulnerable children and youth by making it possible for them to participate in beneficial programs and services they would not otherwise have access to. This is our most flexible fund and allows for unique one- time requests to be considered.
- Under 18 years of age at the time of the request
- One request per year per child
- At-risk kids/youth living in the community
- No other sources of funding available to cover the cost of the program or service
- Referral must come from a social or outreach worker and signed by their supervisor
Funds can be used for, but not limited to: summer camps; sports activities, school trips, school expenses (field trip, milk program, pizza day) arts and cultural experiences, eyeglasses and exams.
A referral agent such as a social worker, SchoolsPlus outreach worker, public health nurse, or another relevant professional must complete all sections of this application and submit it to the Fund Manager. Applications cannot be accepted if they are submitted from a child/youth or family member/relative.
How to apply
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Children’s Aid Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012